Yesterday's leadership skills will not work in today's fast-moving and evolving world. Only creative leaders who are visionary and empathetic will succeed. Here are five things you can do to succeed as a creative leader:
- Instead of commanding, coach your team and organization towards success.
- Don't manage people; facilitate them. Often, the know-how, experience and solutions are there; help people to discover them.
- Cultivate respect by giving it, instead of demanding it.
- Know how to manage both success and failure, not just success.
- Be gracious. Be humble about your successes and whenever possible, give someone else the opportunity to shine.