February 16, 2011

Recovering Pessimist's Story

Tonight my mother and I were driving down the road. She was speeding unintentionally as she often does. Now you can guess what happened next. She got pulled over. My mom was really embarrassed. She lives in a small town, and this could cause quite a bit of talk. Anyway, she was stressed and she snapped at me. I was extremely upset. Her comment had really hurt me, after all I was just trying to help.

Now, all you optimists out there are always saying things like "Oh, you can choose to be happy... it's all in attitude and your mind..." Never seemed to apply to me. Tonight however, I learned the reality. Mother's comment didn't really hurt me any. It was understandable, and she was stressed at the time. Meant nothing. I chose to be happy. I like to think of myself as a "recovering pessimist."

No comments:

Post a Comment